top of page

Fitness Group

Public·196 members

Bogdan Petrov
Bogdan Petrov

How American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 Can Help You Learn English Faster and Better

American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19: A Review

If you are looking for a comprehensive and engaging workbook to improve your English skills, you might want to check out American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19. This workbook is designed to accompany the American English File 1 Student Book, which is a popular coursebook for learners of English as a second or foreign language. In this article, we will review the workbook and its features, and help you decide if it is suitable for your needs and goals.

american english file 1 workbook with multirom 19

What is American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19?

A brief introduction to the workbook and its features

American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 is a supplementary material that provides additional practice and reinforcement for the topics and skills covered in the American English File 1 Student Book. The workbook contains 12 units, each corresponding to a unit in the student book. Each unit consists of four pages of exercises that focus on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The exercises are varied and interactive, and include multiple choice, gap fill, matching, word order, crossword, dictation, role play, and writing tasks.

How does MultiROM 19 work and what are its benefits?

MultiROM 19 is a digital component that comes with the workbook. It is a CD-ROM that can be used on a computer or an audio CD player. It contains all the audio files for the listening exercises in the workbook, as well as interactive games and quizzes that test your grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and functional language. You can also access online resources such as videos, podcasts, worksheets, and progress tests through the MultiROM 19 website. The benefits of using MultiROM 19 are that you can practice your English skills anytime and anywhere, get instant feedback on your performance, track your progress, and have fun while learning.

Who is American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 for?

The target audience and level of the workbook

American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 is intended for adult learners of English who are at a beginner or elementary level (A1-A2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). The workbook follows the syllabus of the student book, which covers topics such as personal information, family and friends, hobbies and interests, daily routines, travel and transport, food and drink, shopping and money, health and fitness, culture and customs, work and study, media and entertainment, and social issues. The workbook aims to help learners develop their communicative competence in English by exposing them to authentic language use in various contexts.

The learning objectives and outcomes of the workbook

The main objective of American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 is to provide learners with extra practice and support for their language learning journey. By completing the exercises in the workbook and using the MultiROM 19 component, learners can expect to achieve the following outcomes:

• Improve their grammar accuracy and range

• Expand their vocabulary knowledge and usage

• Enhance their pronunciation clarity and fluency

• Develop their reading comprehension and writing skills

• Boost their listening and speaking abilities

• Gain confidence and motivation in using English

How to use American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 effectively?

Tips and strategies for using the workbook in class and at home

American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 can be used in different ways, depending on your preferences and learning style. Here are some tips and strategies for using the workbook effectively:

• Use the workbook as a self-study tool. You can work on the exercises at your own pace and check your answers with the answer key at the back of the book. You can also use the MultiROM 19 to practice your listening skills and review your grammar and vocabulary.

• Use the workbook as a homework tool. You can do the exercises as assigned by your teacher or tutor, and bring the workbook to class for correction and feedback. You can also use the MultiROM 19 to prepare for your lessons or tests.

• Use the workbook as a collaborative tool. You can work on the exercises with a partner or a group of classmates, and compare your answers and opinions. You can also use the MultiROM 19 to play games and quizzes with your friends or family.

Examples of activities and exercises from the workbook

To give you an idea of what kind of activities and exercises you can find in American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19, here are some examples from Unit 1:

GrammarVocabularyPronunciation

Complete the sentences with be or have got.I _____ a sister.She _____ from Brazil.We _____ brown eyes.They _____ happy.Match the words with the pictures.a) brotherb) cousinc) daughterd) grandfathere) motherf) nephewg) nieceh) sisteri) sonj) uncleListen and repeat the words. Pay attention to the stress.a) Argentinab) Australiac) Brazild) Canadae) Chinaf) Franceg) Germanyh) Indiai) Italyj) Japan

ReadingWritingListening

Read the text and answer the questions.Hello, my name is Ana. I'm from Brazil, but I live in London. I'm a student at King's College. I study English and History. I have a big family. I have two brothers and one sister. My parents are teachers. They work at a school in Rio de Janeiro. I love my family very much.Write an email to a new friend. Tell him/her about yourself.To: _______From: _______Subject: Hello!Hello, _______.I'm _______. I'm from _______.I live in _______.I'm a _______.I study/work _______.I have _______.Listen to four people talking about their families. Write their names under their photos.a) Tomb) Lisac) Davidd) Maria

Speaking

Talk to your partner about your family. Use these questions as a guide.- How many people are in your family?- What are their names?- What do they do?- Where do they live?- Do you have any pets?

What are the pros and cons of American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19?

The advantages of the workbook and its features

American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 has many advantages that make it a valuable resource for learners of English. Some of these advantages are:

• The workbook is aligned with the student book, which ensures consistency and coherence in the learning process.

• The workbook covers all the main language skills and areas, which provides a balanced and comprehensive practice.

The disadvantages or limitations of the workbook and its features

However, American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 also has some disadvantages or limitations that you should be aware of. Some of these disadvantages are:

• The workbook is dependent on the student book, which means that you need to have access to both books to get the most out of the practice.

• The workbook is mainly focused on accuracy rather than fluency, which means that you might need to supplement your practice with other materials that encourage more natural and spontaneous use of language.

• The workbook is not very flexible or adaptable, which means that you might need to adjust your pace and level according to the difficulty and length of the exercises.

Conclusion

A summary of the main points and a recommendation

In conclusion, American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19 is a useful and effective workbook that can help you improve your English skills and achieve your learning goals. It provides you with extra practice and support for the topics and skills covered in the American English File 1 Student Book, and offers you a variety of exercises and features that make the practice fun and interactive. However, it also has some drawbacks that you should consider before buying or using it, such as its dependence on the student book, its focus on accuracy rather than fluency, and its lack of flexibility or adaptability. Therefore, we recommend that you use the workbook as a complementary tool rather than a standalone one, and that you combine it with other resources and methods that suit your needs and preferences.

FAQs

Here are some frequently asked questions about American English File 1 Workbook with MultiROM 19:

• How much does the workbook cost?

The workbook costs around $25 USD on Amazon.com. However, prices may vary depending on the seller and the availability.

• How can I access the online resources from MultiROM 19?

You can access the online resources from MultiROM 19 by visiting www.oup.com/elt/multirom19 and entering the code that comes with your workbook. You will need an internet connection to access the online resources.

• Can I use the workbook without the student book?

You can use the workbook without the student book, but you might miss some important information and context that are provided in the student book. Therefore, we suggest that you use both books together for a better learning experience.

• Can I use the workbook for self-study or do I need a teacher or tutor?

You can use the workbook for self-study, as it comes with an answer key and a MultiROM 19 component that can help you check your answers and monitor your progress. However, if you want more guidance and feedback, you might benefit from having a teacher or tutor who can help you with your doubts and difficulties.

• What level of English do I need to use the workbook?

The workbook is suitable for learners who are at a beginner or elementary level (A1-A2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). If you are not sure about your level, you can take a placement test online or ask your teacher or tutor for advice.

71b2f0854b

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page